GDC’s Bright Future: More than Half a Billion Dollars in the Pipeline
Dear GDC Technics Colleagues,
Happy New Year to all of you from the Shareholders and Board of GDC Technics. We wish every person in the GDC family a wonderful new year full of joy and success.
In 2014 GDC Technics not only met the challenges facing our business but also built a solid foundation that positioned the company as a global industry leader. As we look toward new opportunities in 2015, we wanted to take a moment and celebrate the achievements we worked together to accomplish in the last 18 months.
- Aircrafts undergoing completion were finished, marking an outstanding win.
- We are improving business processes and investing in Technology and Automation.
- Today, we are close to completing the implementation of the CATIA Engineering software and Oracle Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software packages.
- In the last 18 months, GDC Technics competed against some of the industry’s most respected companies—and won. We now have contracts for the completion of two 787s, a BBJ1, and a B777-300ER.
- Winning the two B787 projects made us an industry pioneer, something we can all be proud of. These two projects continued to build GDC Technics’ reputation and drive interest our direction.
- Toward the end of 2014, we acquired PFW Engineering, now GDC Engineering, which took our engineering and certification abilities to a new level and gave us a larger global footprint.
- Honeywell contracted with us to develop, design, and certify modification to support KA Band communication technology.
- Last year, we implemented our global expansion strategy. GDC Africa is in the final stages of incorporation, and GDC Middle East is fully incorporated and has already won two major contracts.
- Today, the GDC Technics backlog of signed contracts exceeds half a billion dollars. The current backlog stands at $650 million, and our target in 2015 is to increase to $900 million.
What can we look forward to in 2015? GDC Technics will continue improvements in technology that allow the company to prosper in today's competitive environment and complete our global expansion strategy. Currently, we are poised to win our first military and commercial contracts, which will make GDC Technics one of the largest and most diverse aircraft modification and completion centers in the world.
These achievements are momentous. At the same time, major growth demands require us to make smart decisions to meet the demand for our skills and services. We are primed to train and develop our workforce, embrace automated environments, and expand operations which are warranted to meet the growth in our pipeline.
Our renewed pipeline will require significant and targeted facility expansions. Current capacity does not meet our needs for growing the business; extensive reviews and analysis show we will soon need to double current hangar capacity to accommodate military and commercial business.
We are carefully weighing our expansion options and will announce the details as soon as they are finalized. For now, know that every member of the GDC Technics family is valued, and we are grateful for every person’s hard work and dedication.
We are confident in the business’s overall growth not only in 2015, but for many years to come.
On behalf of the Shareholders and Board, I would like to thank each and every one of you for your hard work and commitment to GDC Technics.